SCW Girl’s Soccer Jamboree

A recap of the girl’s scores, scrimmages, goals scored, and the varsity team overall.

Yesterday, the St. Charles West girl’s soccer team played in the annual jamboree at Steve Stahl stadium against Francis Howell North, Lindbergh, and Kirkwood high schools.  The girls showcased their varsity team lineup and players, while participating in half an hour scrimmages against each team.

The girls played Lindbergh first and managed to lose the game with a score of 2-0.  The girls then got a break and went head to head against Francis Howell North.  The girls managed to tie the game 1-1, with freshman Riley McGuire getting the first goal of the season on a free kick.  Finally, the lady warriors played Kirkwood High school, and after a hard-fought game, the ladies tied again with a score of 0-0.  This was the first time the girls got to play together as a team.

“It feels good to start the season with a bunch of new people I haven’t played with before,” says freshman Anna White.

The warriors worked tirelessly over the course of the three scrimmages, trying new formations and positions in order to secure everyone’s position on the team.  Freshman Anna White commented on her experience with the team, and how she wants to improve.

“For me, I’m looking to improve on stepping up and play well for my team in the middle and be able to find my teammates up top while also helping teammates in the back.  With our team, I’m looking to improve teamwork and play together as a team,” says freshman Anna White.

The lady warriors play again Friday, March 18th, against Timberland High School at home.

PICTURES BY: Mackenzie McGuire