Renaissance Academic Assembly (Photo Gallery)

On Friday, May 20th, Renaissance Club held their annual academic pep assembly.  The pep assembly consisted of each class’s academic gold and silver cards, depending on your GPA.  If a GPA is higher than 3.5, the student earned academic gold honors.  If a GPA was 3.0 – 3.49, academic silver honors were received.

The theme of the assembly was a summer vacation.  Students were accompanied by flight attendants (Renaissance Club members) throughout the assembly and played various games based on the country they were in.  Students played Hungry Hungry Hippo, had a hula hooping competition, bread throwing, Jenga, and a paper airplane throwing competition.  In addition to all these games, students participated in raffles, watched a retirement video for Mrs. Ward, and watched girl group Mrs. Ballmann-Gnau, Mrs. Howard, and Mrs. Bourgeade perform “Wannabe” karaoke style.

Some of the highlights of the assembly include Dr. Voelkl getting a pie to the face for the NHS fundraiser, Hannah Myers winning in knockout against Braeden Clark, a salute to the seniors, department heads handing out graduation cords, and new StuCo and class officers were sworn into office by Ms. Gates and Dr. Voelkl.  Additionally, Ms. Gates announced Mrs. Bourgeade to be the next StuCo sponsor for the 2022-2023 school year.

Congratulations on an amazing last day of school before finals SCW!

PICTURES BY: Mackenzie McGuire and Audrey Branson