Locked Away in Ireland: An Irish Exchange Program Story

Alexis Arriola

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel to another country? Ask any of the nine St Charles West students who went to Ireland from March 14th to March 27th. The 13 days  (originally supposed to be 12)away from home proved to be super fun, but also rough. From their luggage getting lost, and then getting stuck on their way home in New York, they certainly experienced the life of a traveler. This is the first of the trilogy for the Irish Exchange students. 

When asked about Ireland Ian Nixon explained, “My time away was awesome, it was great to reunite with friends and meet new people, see new sights, and overall experience a new culture outside of the country.” He continued on to say that he recommends the program to everyone as he met a lot of new people and made a lot of friends. 

When Anna Baumann was asked how she enjoyed Ireland she said an answer that wasn’t very different, “It was okay, it was fun to see the sheep from my bedroom window each morning and meet back with my old exchange student friends.” Anna agreed with Ian and said that she also made new friends. 

These students did many things in Ireland like hanging out with their Irish exchange students, going out into the town and looking at shops,  as well as attending the school. These students enjoyed their time out of their comfort zone and going some place new.

If you wonder more about the Irish exchange and their experiences check out these other two articles!