Varsity and JV Golf dubbed GAC North Champs

@scwestgolf on Twitter.

From left to right: Coach Ben Meyer, John Howle, Ian Hollander, Tyler Prize, Ryan Beer, and Owen Shy.

Yesterday, the St. Charles West golf team was dubbed GAC North champions at both the varsity and JV level.  For varsity, this was a repeat of the 2021 GACs, but for JV, this was a milestone that the boys have been working towards all season.

The team started out the season with some impressive talent, with junior Ian Hollander coming back after his road to state during the 2021 season, and talented freshman like Owen Shy entering their rookie years in high school.  The varsity team also consists of sophomores Tyler Prize, Ryan Beer, and John Howle: all with impressive golf accomplishments throughout the season and their whole golf careers.

The varsity and JV golf team with their plaques.

Throughout the season, each member of the team had some impressive achievements.  Junior Ian Hollander managed to place at every varsity tournament during the season (and throughout his whole high school career), a third place finish for varsity at the St. Albans tournament (2 – Ian Hollander, 11 – John Howle, 15 – Owen Shy), top 15 placements for Owen Shy and Ian Hollander at the Warrenton Invitational, a White Division Champion placement in the Bogey Hills Invitational for Ian Hollander, Tyler Prize shot his best varsity score, Owen Shy with two first place placements against Winfield and North Point, and the team overall worked towards a perfect, undefeated season, which they achieved.

On top of all of these accomplishments, junior Ian Hollander and freshman Owen Shy were recognized as GAC North All-Conference First Team, with John Howle making Second Team All-Conference.  Jeffrey Harris also won the GAC North golf tournament for the JV team.

Congratulations to the golf team on a very successful season!