Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Julia Steele

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber choir, and International Thespian Society. She was also a part of color guard, newspaper, and Renaissance. She is a huge leader and rolemodel here, and we will definitely have some work to do in keeping up with the great work she has done for West. As one of the most involved people at SCW, Julia advises freshmen to “Get involved, but if you don’t enjoy something, leave it behind. You’re happiness is much more important than what the people around you want you to be.”

Along with all of her in-school activities, Julia works at the popular thrift store Plato’s closet and Ramblin Rounds Donut truck. She is also a part of the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Task Force, which is a selective group of high school students who are involved in making the city the best it can be. She loves to hang out with her boyfriend, Tyler Prize, who is also a senior at West.

When she graduates, Julia said that she will miss Mrs. Delaney, the beloved SCW French teacher the most. She plans to major in business administration at Mizzou, with a minor in French. She is considering being a business advisor or going into international business.

She said her favorite memory at West has been, “the many mistakes that happen on stage during shows. For example, the gun shot sound effect going off 10 seconds after the guy fell to the floor and pretended to be shot, or when Miko launched his sword into the audience.”

Thank you Julia for all you have done for this school and good luck at Mizzou!