Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Coming Soon to a City Near You…

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it’s all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals this summer with incredible lineups. Here are some fun things you can go see this summer:

Def Leopard and Journey Concert at Busch Stadium: At 6 p.m. on July 6th, the two iconic rock bands are putting onFile:Def Leppard (6263087487).jpg - Wikimedia Commons their duo concert this summer with Cheap Trick opening for them. They are sure to play classic songs like “Pour Some Sugar on Me” and “Don’t Stop Believin'”. Tickets range from $85-$900.

Chappell Roan at the STL Music Park: The rising artist who is known for her song “HOT TO GO!” and opening for Olivia Rodrigo on her GUTS tour is coming to Maryland Heights on May 30th at 8 p.m. for her Midwest Princess Tour! Tickets average around $120.

Noah Kahan at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater: Noah Kahan was recently nominated for “Best New Artist” at the 2024 Grammy’s and is well-known for his song “Stick Season”. Ryan Beatty will be opening for him for his We’ll be Here Forever Tour starting at  8 p.m. on June 4th. Tickets range from $239-$453.

New-Kids-on-The-Block Men's Short Sleeve Socks sold by Edward Liu | SKU 95777368 | 70% OFF PrintervalNew Kids on the Block with Paula Abdul and DJ Jazzy Jeff at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater: The classic boy band is in it’s revival era after its success in the late 80s and early 90s with songs like “Step by Step” and “You Got It (The Right Stuff)”. Paula Abdul was most known for her choreography and even choreographed for Janet Jackson, who is also going on tour this summer! DJ Jazzy Jeff is very popular because of the show “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” and his success as a DJ with Will Smith. They will be in STL on June 22 at 7 p.m.. Tickets range from $37-$253.

Earth, Wind, and Fire with Chicago at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater: Earth, Wind, and Fire was arguably the most popular band in the 70s with songs like “Let’s Groove” and “September”. Chicago was also a super popular band in the late 70s and early 80s with songs like “25 or 6 to 4”. They will be in STL on July 10th at 7:30 p.m.. Tickets range from $41-$282.

Barbie the Movie in Concert at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater: The historical movie will be brought to HollywoodBarbie theatrical movie poster sold by Anat Pri-tal | SKU 352767 | Printerval Canada Casino Amphitheater with a female-based orchestra playing the infamous soundtrack. The audience is encouraged to sing and dance along, as well as dress up in their best Barbie/Ken outfits. The concert is on July 13th at 7:30 p.m. and tickets range from $26 to $200.

Lollapalooza in Chicago: The annual music festival will take place on August 1-4th and feature artists like SZA, Tyler the Creator, Lizzy McAlpine, Labrinth, Benson Boone, Kesha, Tyla, Laufey, Renee Rapp, TV Girl, Conan Gray, DOminic Fike, and much more. The 1 day general admission ticket starts at $149 an the 4 day ticket starts at $409.