Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Senior Spotlight

Senior+Spotlight

Anna Kate Baumann, known as Annie to her friends, has been a very important part of St. Charles West. During her time at west, she has been a part of varsity cheer, SCWest players, marching band, stuco, Key Club, renaissance, breakfast club, chamber choir, NHS, DECA, FBLA, and she was a class officer. Since she has been in so much, Anna has made an impact on several people. One of her closest friends, Annabelle Williams, says “Anna has impacted me by making every cheer experience so much fun. She’s always been there for me to gossip and laugh with.”

Anna’s favorite memory from West is her sophomore year prom. She says it was just fun to be able to be with all of her friends and get dressed up. Another one of her favorite things from West is any home game. She enjoys seeing how involved the student section gets.

Anna says that most of all, she will miss her friend Elliot Calvert. “Anna is the most hardworking person I know. She has introduced me to new people and clubs like theater and Key Club. Without her, I wouldn’t have half the friends I do. She encourages me to get out of my comfort zone every day. I am so grateful to have Anna in my life” said Calvert when asked how Anna has impacted her.

Outside of West, Anna works as a hostess at Mattingly’s. She plans to either go to Purdue or Mizzou to major in business economics or engineering management. West will not be the same without her. We will miss you, Anna!