Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Who’s That?!

Whos+That%3F%21

After receiving a wave of new teachers and staff we also welcome Mrs. Hoban who is the Assistant Principal Intern currently here at St. Charles West for our 2023-2024 school year.

Mrs. Hoban has an extensive background in teaching  the Fine Arts classes from grades through K-12. She previously taught at Rockwood Summit High School where she taught Photography, Graphic Design and Intro to Art. She helped out with the yearbook and soccer and ran art and photography clubs. She has a bachelor’s degree in art education, a master’s in administration, and also her Ed Specialist degree in Curriculum and Instruction. 

She loves music and loves bands such as Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil, and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. She is trying to snowboard and has been trying to learn. She loves winter and her favorite holiday is Halloween.