Breaking News
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Top 5 Barbie Movies
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • February 21, 2024

Barbie (2023) took the world by storm this year with beautiful acting, plots, design, and more. This movie was the winner of 6 golden globes...

Paper heart decoration for Valentine's. Original public domain image from Wikimedia Commons
Valentine's Day at SCWest
Ellana Kemp and Vivian FrickFebruary 14, 2024

Valentine’s day is officially here and we wanted to know how the St. Charles West High School Staff celebrated, so we went around to interview...

Luke Behrle Senior Spotlight
Luke Behrle Senior Spotlight
Riley McGuire, Staff Writer • February 8, 2024

Luke Behrle has been at St. Charles West since his sophomore year, and is a great example of a warrior. Luke has been involved in many  extracurricular...

Opinions on E-Hall Pass

“I think it’s great, I feel like it really is easy to fill out and it’s a really easy way for them to keep track of us.” – Haylie Goveia

“I think it’s alright, I think a lot of people are giving it more hate than it needs. Yes it is different but it could be worse.” – Sequoia Ross

“I think I can understand why they are doing it, so it’s not that bad.” – Greeshma Mulpuru 

“I actually like them. The kids may not like them but I like them, it gives us more ability to see where our kids are. And they can go to and from without any issue.” – Mr. Stancil 

“I think it’s awful and it takes a long time to fill out, then you have to make sure you’re on time. It’s just a hassle, it’s too much.” – Jillian Foster

“I think it’s just too much work.” – Hayden Chrisco

“It’s the greatest thing ever, it really just holds us accountable and keeps kids in classes. It’s really just motivating the next part of society to be better. I love the e hall pass, keep it.”- Karson Quinn

What do you think about the E-hall pass?