Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Senior Spotlight
Lola Irizarry May 8, 2024

Tyler Prize has been in Short Film with Mr. Jackson all four years of high school. Tyler is the first person to do this in SCW history! “I...

Spring Musical
Spring Musical
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • May 6, 2024

SC West's annual spring musical has just concluded. The Wizard of Oz, as directed by Mr. Lenger, is a classic story following Dorothy (played ...

Pip Wolfs Senior Sendoff
Pip Wolf's Senior Sendoff
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024

Pip Wolf is a beloved senior here at SCWest. They’re president of our Games Enthusiast Club (G.E.C.), a part of Warrior Vision, Broadcast,...

Students and Staff Halloween Fun

Today, many students and staff made Halloween festive by dressing up and wearing themed gear! We took pictures and asked them fun Halloween questions!

Mrs. Huster in the main office wore a Halloween shirt. Mrs. Huster’s favorite Halloween movie is Scream (1996) and her favorite candy is chocolate with nuts in it similar to Snicker’s.

Mila Kemp

Mrs. Hill was dressed as Tails from Sonic and when asked why, she told us that she was dressed for another event that was Smash Bros. themed and her Halloween plans are to hang out with a friend, eat chilli, and pass out candy.

Mila Kemp

Nurse Anderson came dressed as a nurse today. She thinks that a classic Halloween movie is “Nightmare on Elm Street (1994)”. Her favorite candy is caramel apples covered in sprinkles. She says that is the best way to have them.

Mila Kemp

Even though we didn’t have time f0r an interview we got a wonderful photo of some of our trick or treaters and teachers. Their costumes are wonderful!