Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Students and Staff Halloween Fun

Today, many students and staff made Halloween festive by dressing up and wearing themed gear! We took pictures and asked them fun Halloween questions!

Mrs. Huster in the main office wore a Halloween shirt. Mrs. Huster’s favorite Halloween movie is Scream (1996) and her favorite candy is chocolate with nuts in it similar to Snicker’s.

Mila Kemp

Mrs. Hill was dressed as Tails from Sonic and when asked why, she told us that she was dressed for another event that was Smash Bros. themed and her Halloween plans are to hang out with a friend, eat chilli, and pass out candy.

Mila Kemp

Nurse Anderson came dressed as a nurse today. She thinks that a classic Halloween movie is “Nightmare on Elm Street (1994)”. Her favorite candy is caramel apples covered in sprinkles. She says that is the best way to have them.

Mila Kemp

Even though we didn’t have time f0r an interview we got a wonderful photo of some of our trick or treaters and teachers. Their costumes are wonderful!