Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Spring Musical
Spring Musical
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • May 6, 2024

SC West's annual spring musical has just concluded. The Wizard of Oz, as directed by Mr. Lenger, is a classic story following Dorothy (played ...

Pip Wolfs Senior Sendoff
Pip Wolf's Senior Sendoff
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024

Pip Wolf is a beloved senior here at SCWest. They’re president of our Games Enthusiast Club (G.E.C.), a part of Warrior Vision, Broadcast,...

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

He Said

Why Skip Thanksgiving for Christmas?
    He+Said

Why does everyone feel the need to remove Thanksgiving after Halloween and jump right into Christmas? There is another holiday there and it’s a rather important holiday; you’d think people wouldn’t skip over it so gleefully.

I get it if they are like “Oh well there isn’t a whole lot of Thanksgiving themed decorations and music” well counterpoint there, just reuse Halloween decorations. Most of them are more fall themed than specifically Halloween or just ya know. make your own.

I’m not bashing Christmas lovers, I mean I love Christmas, but I think that November is a Thanksgiving and end of fall time, while December is the Christmas season and the beginning of a wonderful, winter.  It’s like how February is the time of Valentine’s even though it’s not the most extensive and important holiday of that month. 

Besides, people should celebrate thanksgiving more anyhow. It’s literally a day of food and festivities with people of your choosing. What is there not to like?