Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Senior Spotlight
Lola IrizarryMay 8, 2024

Tyler Prize has been in Short Film with Mr. Jackson all four years of high school. Tyler is the first person to do this in SCW history! “I...

Spring Musical
Spring Musical
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • May 6, 2024

SC West's annual spring musical has just concluded. The Wizard of Oz, as directed by Mr. Lenger, is a classic story following Dorothy (played ...

Pip Wolfs Senior Sendoff
Pip Wolf's Senior Sendoff
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024

Pip Wolf is a beloved senior here at SCWest. They’re president of our Games Enthusiast Club (G.E.C.), a part of Warrior Vision, Broadcast,...

SCW Girls Swim Team

Here at West we have a small but fun girl’s swim team. This year the team consists of senior Izabela Brasher, juniors Stella Garrison, Addie Nichols, and Molly Greib, sophomores Kenzie Gosa and Ashley Dunning, and freshman Charlotte Saffa. With a team so small it is hard to come across many wins as a team, but we have accomplished many individual wins.

Some of our big events include the Fort Zumwalt North and Fort Zumwalt West invitational meets. During these meets some highlights were Kenzie Gosa crushing her time in the 100 free, Ashley  Dunning dropping 3 seconds in the 50 free and Stella Garrison placing in the 200 IM, 100 breaststroke, and 100 fly with a time to break the school record. We also had huge time drops as a relay team, with a 3 second drop in 

the 400 free and a 12 second drop in the 200 free.

A huge highlight from our team was the meet against Incarnate Word Academy and Duschene on January 8th. The team won almost every event with several runners up 2nd place finishes. We soon have our GACS which is a fun way to be involved with each other and cheer on your teammates, and state in mid February for any swimmers who qualify.

The swim team is a great way to become involved with sports at SCW. Look out for information to join the team next year!