Breaking News
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Hayden (right) and Mila (left) Kemp
Hayden and Mila Kemp Senior Spotlight
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • April 10, 2024

Hayden and Mila Kemp are a set of seniors that happen to be twins here at West.  When asked what it was like to be a twin, Hayden said that...

Connor (left) and Maddy (right) Stockmann
Connor and Madeline Stockmann Senior Spotlight

Madeleine and Connor Stockmann are one set of seniors who happen to be twins here at West.  When asked about what it was like to have a twin,...

Valentine’s Day at SCWest

rawpixel.com
Paper heart decoration for Valentine's. Original public domain image from Wikimedia Commons

Valentine’s day is officially here and we wanted to know how the St. Charles West High School Staff celebrated, so we went around to interview and got some great answers.

What do you usually do for Valentine’s day? Mrs. Mueller had a great answer and said that her and her husband usually exchange Valentine’s day cards. 

What does Valentine’s day mean to you? Valentine’s day means something different to everyone and for Mrs. Regot in the attendance office it’s about showing the people you love and care for how much they mean to you. 

What do you do with your kids for Valentine’s day? It’s really important to celebrate with kids as well and Mrs. Hill does just that. Mrs. Hill makes sure that she and her husband get them some candy and a note and then takes them out on a date for the night. 

What are your Valentine’s day plans? Madame Delaney had the best response and said she was planning on grading and making plans for class, looking for real estate, and saying Happy Valentine’s day to her husband. 

There is way more going on with Valentine’s day here at St. Charles West. What’s your Valentine’s day plans?