Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Vivian Jones Senior Spotlight

Vivian Jones has played a very active role in the SCW community as she is a STUCO member, NHS officer, cross country captain, and a track captain. 

Vivian has been a part of the cross country team since  freshmen year and has 2 state championships under her belt. “My favorite memory from the cross country season was when Coach Keence made us sit in a circle before practice started because we were too chatty” says Jones.

“She has been a huge part of our success, she always motivates us to do better

and makes the sport more fun” said fellow teammate Genna Wacker.

When asked about her plans after high school, Vivian replied, “I want to go to college and get my doctorate and become a pediatric physical therapist”.

We then asked about what she would miss most about SCW to which she replied, “My favorite part of SCW was the community that my sports have given me, they truly make me laugh everyday”.

Our final question was, if you could go pro in any sport what would it be, which Jones answered, “It would have to be track because maybe then it would hurt less”. 

Overall, Vivian has been a great contributor to the culture strived for at SCW; she is a great person and athlete as well as a role model to all of her peers. Vivian constantly brings a great energy to whatever it is she is doing, and tops it all off with a smile on her face. Vivian has had

great success here at SCW, but we all can’t wait to see what she does in the future. Thank you Vivian!!!