Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Senior Spotlight

Karson Quinn

Karson Quinn is known for his funny and outgoing personality, being able to talk to anyone and always making everyone laugh. 

“I like going to school with my brother because he cares for me and gives me rides to school.”  said Karson’s little brother, Grant.

Behind the scenes, Karson has a lot on his plate. For his first three years of high school, Karson has been a 3-sport athlete. He plays soccer, basketball, and baseball. His freshman and junior year, Karson tried to play football but it resulted in injury. This year he finally played for the football team as a safety. “Being a 4 sport athlete has affected my life tremendously. I wouldn’t recommend it for the weak,;most weekends I was sore and couldn’t move from my bed. But it has shown me what it takes to have a winning team and what good characteristics and culture make a winning team,”  said Quinn.

Karson has been an active member of DECA since sophomore year. “DECA is amazing because it gives high schoolers opportunities that you wouldn’t get in the classroom,” Quinn said. This year, he continues his interest in business through CAPS. “In the future I wanna do something involving business management and AI.”

Outside of school, Karson has expanded his horizons through many jobs, including Smoothie King, lifeguarding, working at the Marina, and reffing basketball. “My favorite has been refereeing because I love when the parents yell at me,” said Quinn.

Next year, Karson is going to utilize A+ and attend community college. SCW will miss his contagious laugh and great attitude.