Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Senior Spotlight
Lola Irizarry May 8, 2024

Tyler Prize has been in Short Film with Mr. Jackson all four years of high school. Tyler is the first person to do this in SCW history! “I...

Spring Musical
Spring Musical
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • May 6, 2024

SC West's annual spring musical has just concluded. The Wizard of Oz, as directed by Mr. Lenger, is a classic story following Dorothy (played ...

Pip Wolfs Senior Sendoff
Pip Wolf's Senior Sendoff
Ellana Kemp, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024

Pip Wolf is a beloved senior here at SCWest. They’re president of our Games Enthusiast Club (G.E.C.), a part of Warrior Vision, Broadcast,...

2023 SCW Blood Drive

Friday November 10th students and staff at Saint Charles West High School saved 120 lives. This year our school had one of their most successful blood drives in school history. The blood donated will be used around our local area to help people in need. 

Throughout the day people were pulled from their classes to donate to the American Red Cross. According to Michelle Lofton, our Red Cross contact, this year there were 40 successful donors that each donated a unit of blood. 29 of the 40 donors were first time donors! 

These donations are so important to the Red Cross because they save lives. According to the Red Cross, every 2 seconds someone is in need of blood and 29,000 units of blood are used in the US in a day. 

Don’t forget this is an annual event and we will be doing it again around this time next year!