Breaking News
  • End of School is closer than it appears! Have you checked your grades?
The Student News Site of St. Charles West High School

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

SCW Smoke Signal

Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Coming Soon to a City Near You...
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 24, 2024

Post-pandemic entertainment is now at it's all time high. This summer, many artists finally coming to STL and there are tons of music festivals...

Who is that girl?
Who is that girl?
Vivian Frick, Staff writer • April 18, 2024

Adele Jorge is 15 years old and a sophomore here at west. The thing that makes her special? Adele is an exchange student from Basque Country,...

Julia Steele
Julia Steele
Audrey Branson, Lead Photographer • April 16, 2024

Julia Steele is president of the Senior Class and STUCO, vice president of Theater, historian for NHS, and is a part of Key Club, FBLA, chamber...

Snow Day Interviews

This past Tuesday, (January 17th, 2024) we were lucky enough to be called off school and have a traditional snow day. This prompted us to go around and ask what people did on their day off.

Junior Genna Wacker said, “I had fun going to the basketball games with my friends, as well as watching a lot of movies.”

Another student, Anna White, said, “I went out with my friends for lunch and then we went to the store and then later on I went to the basketball games with my friends.”

Finally, the last student we asked was Adam Caulk, who said, “I went out to Target and to the gym.”

Overall, these all seem like great ways to spend snow days, and all seem to be like lots of fun.